How to Enroll...
Powell River Christian School Application Procedure
Because it is the responsibility of PRCS to educate children in a manner consistent with the Christian faith of the families that make up the School Society several principles must be kept in mind:
1. That the family agrees to the same Statement of Faith and Standards of Conduct as characterized in the school. A reference may be requested from a pastor or Bible study leader.
2. There must be evidence that the child being presented will be cooperative and well behaved in class. Students transferring from other schools may be asked to provide teacher references concerning their record in this regard.
3. There may be an academic evaluation to determine the grade placement of each applicant.
· Apply – Application forms can be picked up at the school office. The student enrolment form is to be completed and returned to the school office. Once these forms have been completed and returned, you will be given the final enrolment forms to complete. Return these forms to the office as soon as possible.
· Interview – You will be contacted to arrange an interview with the principal and Board representatives. Students may attend the interview with the parents.
· Notice of Admission – The board will inform the parents of the final decision.
· Acceptance- At the time of acceptance, ten post-dated cheques covering tuition fees for the entire year, or payment in full must be provided. Additional fees and costs (text book fees, etc.) must also be paid at this time.
· Testing – Placement tests may be given if necessary. Parents will be advised of their child’s academic level in each subject area.
The registration forms must be completed and handed into the school office as soon as possible. If space is not available, the student will be put on a waiting list.
RETURNING STUDENT RE-REGISTRATION
For students who are presently enrolled:
In February, a re-registration form will be sent home. This form will indicate whether the student will be returning the next fall. Parents desiring to re-register their students for the fall must respond by submitting their re-registration form before the due date, along with a family re-registration fee of $50.00. This fee will be applied to the September 1 tuition payment. A space in class will be reserved for those students whose re-registration form and payment is received by the appointed date. A space in class will not be reserved for returning students whose accounts are delinquent until those delinquencies are removed or special arrangements are approved by the Finance Committee.
For students returning after the school year has already begun:
The registration forms must be completed and handed into the school office as soon as possible. All registration fees must be submitted. If space is not available, the student will be put on a waiting list.